Friday, August 17, 2007

What a blessing!!!

So we've been looking at sectionals for months now. Checking out prices and all that fun stuff,and we thought there was one that we liked at Simply discount furniture (but I think what we liked about it was the price.) UNTIL.... this past week. What a blessing...

Well , while at work my co-worker mentioned how she found a couch on the web . Of course a light bulb went off in my head and I decide to search and see if just maybe we found something affordable.

And the first picture that pops up, is the ideal couch for us. The exact color and kind that I would envision when I dreamt about decorating my home. I was so excited! The price was more than three hundred dollars less than what we would have spent, and that's not including the delivery charges and taxes! So I started to pray and give my desires over to the Lord. Knowing that His will is perfect and what he has for me is exactly what I want. So I know that you are probably thinking"what do I care whether getting a new couch, everyone does that at one point or another!" or might be rolling your eyes, but there is a point to the couch story. I promise.
On Wednesday 8/15/07 Jon and I went to see the couch. The owners, who just moved out to LA from Florida , were so kind and not only chose us to give the couch to. There were several people interested in the couch, but they chose us. They also allowed us to pay it in two payments, which was a huge blessing to us. But the biggest blessing of all was that at the end of our time with them we found out that they are believers!!! God's sovereign hand evidently at work using a small material item to bring his body together. How beautiful is that!?! It was clear to me that our Lord is and was at work, I hope to be able to keep in touch with that family. Their kindness has meant so much to us. It also shows that God is in the little details and cares, because he cares for us. Praise the Lord for his kindness and grace that overflows our cups.

1 comment:

M or J said...

Hi Lola! It's me, Jennie Pizzi. I just found your blog, and was so blessed by this story. I love hearing things like that because it reminds me that God cares about even the tiniest details of our lives. Sometimes I forget that he's involved with absolutely everything...even our desire for a certain color couch. :) I'm happy that he gave you your desire. And congratulations on little baby Perdido!!