
It's been almost two months since Emma was born and our last update. A lot has happened in these past two months. Even more so a lot has happened that we have not been able to blog about through out the pregnancy, birth, and post birth. 

(Top: Dr. Frields, Middle: Nurse Jennifer, bottom: Nurse Emily)
Where do I start? Let me start with all that I am thankful for. While I was pregnant I was placed on strict bed rest and was in and out of the hospital til Emma's birth. We were blessed with great nurses that cared for me while I was in the hospital awaiting Emma's arrival. I am so thankful for all our friends who brought us meals while I was bed ridden. I am thankful for the ladies of our bible study who came, brought delicious meals, and stayed for fellowship. The James' Family helped Jon sort through all the clothes that we got at our first shower. Mike and Christina Roe helped my Mom and Aunt set up Emma's Nursery while I was in the hospital. We were blessed with 3 baby showers. The first one was a family shower and we were given mainly clothes and bedding. What a blessing. The Second one was a shower from our Mainstream bible study,friends from Foundry, and Jon's family. They blessed us with many gifts including a group gift of a Car seat and gift card. The third one was from my friends and co-workers from Grace To You. They blessed us with so many wonderful gifts for Emma including a group gift of a swing and gift card. Emma has been blessed by such out pour of love from ALL of You! We are overwhelmed by God's goodness to us through you all.



Emma is growing well and she makes us laugh daily. She is still mostly sleeping, eating, and well you can guess what else. We are so thankful to our Lord for keeping her and growing her for we know that it is all in His hands. We are learning through a process of elimination of what her cries mean. God is really teaching me continually patience and selflessness. I am so thankful for what a precious gift she is and even more so for what a precious gift I have in my husband. He has been such a tremendous help through this time of healing and learning.
As I mentioned earlier I had an emergency c-section. Post surgery has been such a difficult ordeal for me. I never would have imagined the ways I would have needed my husband. I didn't know what was in store for me and give great applause to the women who choose to go through it. It was the worst pain I have ever felt in my entire life. I am so thankful that it was just a brief moment and that I am almost through this stage. I am still recovering and still not 100% back to my old self. But little by little God is helping me heal. I must admit because I didn't listen fully to the doctor's instructions and over did it, I am paying the consequences and was placed on a temporary bed rest again. (sigh) I am desperate to resume my role as my husbands helpmate and new role as Mother. I know the Lord is using all of this to humble me and to remind me to be thankful. Most of all I am learning the true meaning of trusting and leaning fully on Jesus Christ my Lord.
I am able to see my husband's Christ like love. He truly lays his life down for Emma and I daily. Praise God.
Jon lost his job. Due to caring for Emma and me. It was a week after we came home from the hospital. Please pray for him. I am praying for God's direction, provision, and wisdom. We need His hand in our lives as Jon seeks employment and begins school.
Please pray for me. I have found myself this very day struggling in trusting God. Which is horrible because God has proven himself faithful, just, abundant in grace, love, and kindness.
You won't believe this but God has provided for us from before we even knew Jon lost his job. He used Grace To You, my employers to provide money that we were able to save and use to pay the past two months worth of bills. My father to provide for the month of September. My mom to provide for various other needs, Jon's family to provide Emma's diapers and Wipes. Showers to provide all that we would have never been able to buy and clothes for our baby girl. OH... and on top of that. We also have the great blessing of enjoying the gift of our first family vacation. A gift from my Mom ( as a belated birthday present to me). We are all ,as a family, going to CABO!!! ( My mom, Aunts, Jon, Emma, and I)
Please Pray for God's provision for all our bills and expenses for the month of November. We are hoping Jon will have a job by then ,but if not,pray with us for God to provide through other means.

More on Emma... Jon and I have truly enjoyed these past two months of being parents to our little Emma. She loves being up at night and sleeps all day. She loves music just like her mommy and daddy. She is starting to make sounds, oohs and aah. Some other funny sounds as well.

She is so strong. She holds her head up all by herself. She moves around a lot. She even switches sides while she is sleeping. Oh and she loves sleeping on her tummy especially on our chest. My favorites are... she tucks her legs in under her body and curls ups... like a little potato ball. My mother in law says she's like a little frog. I love it. She just started to smile and reminds me of an Anime cartoon character. I just can't wait til she has more control over her face movements. She loves her mobile and every time she goes to her crib she looks straight at it, as a hint to me to start the music. She stares at it for a long time. She received her first toy... a musical glow worm and play mat. she loves hitting the toys from the play mat. She stretches and sleeps in the funniest positions. She'll place her arm holding her head or sometimes her hands covering her eyes. I can't wait to see her little personality come out. So far she has confirmed that we are all sinners from the womb. Oh and she is mostly serious. You will notice in her pictures.
Till next time....Fist pump!!!

4 comments:
I have been wondering how you guys are doing. We look forward to seeing you around at church some time, or in the Baby Nursery : )
I, as well, have been wondering how you guys are doing. Thank you for the update and will surely be praying for you guys! Have a fun time in Cabo. I wanted to tell you that I went to high school with one of the nurses (emily) that helped you in the hospital. It's a small world.=) hope your back to your ol' self again soon.
How sweet to read the latest updates on precious Emma and all that is going in your lives Lola. She is so so adorable, I see a lot of Jon from the pics :). People always tell me they see Glen in Micah...oh well. Maybe he'll have my personality (lol). Praying Jon will find work soon. Have a relaxing time in Cabo!!!
Love from WA,
Shilo
What an amazing update. Thank you for taking the time to share all this. God is so good. We are praying for you. I'm SO happy for you Lola, you seem to be growing so much and your love for the Lord, your husband, and your beautiful daughter is so evident! I'm so thankful to get to know you. Your post has truly encouraged my heart. Please let us know when Jon finds a job. God is in full control and has the best thing for Jon in HIS time. We love you and send hugs to all of you!
Post a Comment