3 years ago today was a Saturday. It was about 4:05 in the afternoon. Darby Hughes, Roberto Miranda, and Tim Hunter is playing magnificently one of Darby’s original. Kurt Gebhards pulls me aside and prays for me. I’m waiting behind a door, waiting for my bride to be to walk down the aisle. I still remember that moment of quiet anticipation. All dressed up in black with a cream tie, I take my place. Doors open. She is escorted in. My heart is overly glad.
My life changed that day, for the better.
I am a sinner who is deeply flawed, yet loved and welcomed by a holy God only because Jesus died the death that I deserved and lived the perfect life I could never have lived. Then God applies what Jesus did to count for me. Salvation is already more than enough for this life and the next. On top of that, he has chosen to bless me even more 3 years ago in marriage.
God is keenly wise that He knew that I needed Paola. She has been my encourager, prayer warrior, helper, counselor, and dear friend. I adore her and I wake up daily thanking the Lord for her. She is authentic. She is humble. She loves Christ. She is a loving mom. She enjoys life. She loves to laugh. She understands me. She is patient with me. She is gorgeous. She is a gift. I brag and boast because God has been good for giving me a tremendous gift.
I celebrate today God’s goodness for not only what happened 3 years ago, but what has happened since then. I am a better man for it. I have grown to know the gospel deeper. I treasure Christ more.
Praise God for His Goodness.
Blissfully Yours,
Jon
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Amen, brother, AMEN! We praise God for both of you, your wonderful marriage, and cherish your friendship.
Wow...Jon...that brought tears to my eyes. God is good indeed. :)
Happy Anniversary, you guys. Always encouraged by your faithfulness!
Good to see you both on Sunday. :)
Post a Comment