Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Get it together

Okay so I have hit that point in my life once again. Where I feel overwhelmed by all that I am trying to work on at once. Have you ever been there? It's kinda depressing if you loose your eternal perspective,right? I know!
Hopeless at times.
Not to say that I am hopeless nor that I feel hopeless. Just the fact that it's overwhelming and it is easy to feel hopeless. If you remember the reason for seeking to improve in the areas you fall short and the one who is able to and more than capable to change you, joy is inevitable.

So here I am feeling like a failure at all my attempts in the MANY areas in my life where I am desperately seeking to change and improve for the sake of all who surround me. All I can say is... Thank you, Jesus. Thank you for your mercy and grace. Thank you for loving me, a BIG TIME mess. Thank you for the abundant blessings which are all so undeserved. Thank you for your kindness through those who are around me and the strangers who don't know me. Thank you for providing the endless supply of information at my finger tips that aide in growth and knowledge. Thank you for friends who are great examples to me in the areas where I fall short. Thank you for giving me a Husband who is perfect for me and who meets me where I am, like you. Thank you that He is the perfect companion and leader for me. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

That said and I feel like the little engine that could. Though I may stall in this journey on my way to the goals set before me. It's time to just "get it together".

I don't know what I am good at. I don't know what gifts I have. All I know is, that I ,dear friends am trying to get it together. I am trying  and trying to do things as silly as ... Get to places on time. Excersize. Get organized. Learn to budget. Learn to clean faster. manage my time. Learn to hold my tongue and think before speaking. Learn to Parent, Learn to be a good wife to my Husband. Learn to be a better follower of Christ. Learn to be more hospitable. Learn to eat and cook healthier. Learn stuff to teach my little ones, learn to control myself and my emotions. Learn... Learn... Learn.
So for my friends and loved ones. I pray that God will strengthen you today, give you courage, self control, and help you to conform more into his likeness. May you show love to all who you encounter and extend grace and mercy. Most of all may you pray with fervor for those you know and those you don't.
So that is my mind this week.
xoxo,
Lola

1 comment:

Pauli said...

You are not alone Lolita! Thank you for the encouragement that you are to me and many! Praying for you!